- "2,000lbs of laser-guided love"
- — Merchant of Menace store caption
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction Edit
- "Enjoy the benefits of a cutting edge air force for a fraction of the price! Our contacts will direct a bombing run on the target of your choosing. With all the sorties over North Korea, a single bomb won't be missed"
- — Merchant of Menace store description
The surgical strike is a versatile and precise air strike that is highly effective against small to medium sized structures and effective against stationary and slow moving vehicles. Its primary disadvantages are its inability to be effective against air targets and large hardened structures.
The surgical strike can be seen as the basic and most common air strike used because of its versatility and effectiveness against almost all targets in the game.
- Unlocked by: Unknown
- Cost: $40,000
- Guidance: Laser
- Delivery: F-15E Strike Eagle
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Edit
- "Accurate, single-target attack. Very effective against buildings and stationary targets."
- — Stockpile caption
The surgical strike is an airstrike of surgical precision and will barely touch the surroundings. It is part of the precision-guided munition trio (Smart bomb and Laser guided bomb). Misha will drop a single bomb on target; this airstrike has satellite guidance and will not miss unless there is an obstacle in the way. On the downside, it has relatively low power.
Surgical strikes can be found in the form of munitions near some Allied Nations target buildings. The munitions look like a bombing run munition, except that the Mark 82 bombs have been visibly equipped with a JDAM guidance kit. Strangely enough, there are still three bombs on the trolley and only one is used.
- Unlocked: Destruction of 3 targets for the Allied Nations
- Cost: $200k at the Allied Nations Shop
- Guidance: Satellite
- Fuel: 280 gallons
- Delivery: MiG-27
- In Mercenaries 2, during Rescue Carmona, surgical strikes will be called satellite guided bombs.