- "The Mother Of All Bombs... Make sure you clear the target zone!"
- — Stockpile caption
The MOAB (Massive Ordnance Air Blast, more commonly called the Mother Of All Bombs) is one of the most powerful airstrikes available for purchase in Mercenaries 2: World In Flames.
- "Use if you have much hate inside."
- — Misha Milanich
The MOAB is incredibly powerful, the only bomb more powerful than it in Mercenaries 2 is the Nuclear Bunker Buster. The MOAB is capable of destroying almost everything a very large area, anything from foliage to infantry, to vehicles to buildings. The cost to purchase one is quite high, so is the amount of fuel to deliver it.
- Unlocked: Capture or kill 10 High Value Targets for the Allied Nations
- Cost: $500,000
- Guidance: Smoke
- Fuel: 400 gallons
- Delivery: C-130
The MOAB is based directly off of the GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb. It is one of the most powerful non-nuclear weapons ever designed and put into military use.
The real life MOAB uses INS/GPS guidance. Smoke grenades as guidance is a very poor method of targeting since it pilots may not be able to see the smoke, friendly infantry woud have to stand almost next to the target and impact area, there is not much guarantee the bomb will hit the designated target and there could also be several factors that could make the bomb go off course.
- During the explosion, the game generates a strange graphic where pieces of rock start falling all around the impact area, even if the bomb was dropped over water.
- MOAB bombs will appear in Eva's garage once they are acquired.