First Principles is the fifth contract for the South Koreans and the second for them in the second quarter of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction. The contract takes place in the Southern Province of North Korea near the NK Fortress Gate.
The contract involves finding and destroying a downed aircraft, and then finding and returning the pilot to South Korean occupied airfield of Ichon.
- Find and destroy downed aircraft
- Find the downed pilot
- Return pilot to Ichon
The player is supplied with:
- South Korean Supply Drop - $4 000
- S. Korean K1025 Scout Delivery - $16 000 (less than the Merchant of Mence shop price)
The reward for completing the contract is $85 000. There is no bonus objective or time limit on this contract.
"Rescue that pilot and blow up that plane. Easy contract, as long as no one finds that plane first."
Updated Pilot Information
"The North Koreans have already captured the pilot and are transporting him to their base at the Black Gate. You must stop them before they arrive, otherwise the pilot is lost."
- The 'downed aircraft' is likely to be a Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk. A single-seat, twin-engine stealth ground attack aircraft.
- The contract title, First Principles, may be a reference to the first episode of the same name of a series entitled Sandbaggers. The goal of the episode is to try to recover a plane that crashed in the USSR, which is similar to the player having to go behind enemy lines to recover a pilot and destroy a downed plane.